Thursday, March 24, 2011

National Boards


Back in June, I began the process of applying for my National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS) certification...or affectionately known as National Boards. This evening I packed up my portfolio (close to 100 pages + 2 videos) and will take it to the post office in the morning and happily send it off to Texas.


I'm scheduled to take the test in May and will not find out if I've passed both parts until November. At this point, I'm just proud of myself for completing the portfolio and believe it has challenged me to be a more thoughtful,creative teacher. The process has certainly taxed my 48 year old brain and I'm very happy to say that it is done!

1 comment:

Nini said...

Good Job!! I know that it's been tough to fit it all in - but it's got to feel good that it's all tied up with a big red bow. We will have to celebrate!!!