Sunday, March 20, 2011

Mid-Life Crisis

Everyone has one at some point. The manifestation of mine is currently sitting in my driveway.



I've been a mini-van Mama for nearly 16 years and granted, I have a pretty sweet van at the moment, but that hasn't kept me from longing for a sporty little car to drive around just for fun. So last week we bought this very cute, very fast little Jetta GLI 6-speed and I must say, I am enjoying it.

As I blasted down 51 yesterday on my way to Decatur, sun roof open, tunes playing a little too loudly, I had to remind myself that I'm 48 and not 18. Not a bad delusional thought on a pretty spring day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!! What a fun start to spring break!

Meaghan said...

I have your car's twin! My Jetta is also a 2004, and she's wheat beige in color. I call her Sunshine, after my favorite beer- New Belgium Sunshine Wheat. Jettas are fun little cars to zip around in. Welcome to the club! :)

Leslie said...

I miss my little Jetta! Driving around in a mini van just isn't as fun! :)