When I checked the weather predictions on Thursday, the "experts" said it would be cold and clear all weekend. Not surprisingly, it began to snow in Chicago early Friday and we awoke to ice in Bloomington Saturday morning...so much for the "experts".
The good news is the drive wasn't bad and the city sparkled with the snow and the lights left up from the holidays. I got a great deal on our hotel (The Affinia right off of Michigan Avenue) and we enjoyed a delicious dinner at The Rosebud on Rush. Our downfall was the Apple Store on Michigan Avenue. We've now added two more cool gadgets to our growing collection. Oh well.
It was just fun to get away for an overnight and enjoy some grown-up time. Big thanks to Sam for taking good care of his brothers while we were away!
2 comments:
Glad that you had a good time - I love Chicago in the snow!!Especially if you don't have to sleep on the floor after a long day of tromping through the city and driving to Schaumburg....
I think you're both nuts! I love Chicago too, but in August when you can enjoy walking along the lake without your face freezing...
Call me a weenie, but I lived too long in the Midwest and the Northeast to ever want to see snow again. Cold is fine. Snow and ice have no redeeming social value.
Post a Comment