
Happy Birthday Dear Sandi, Happy Birthday to YOU!
Confidentially to all my dedicated blog followers...Sandi hates that song. Which of course is why I am singing it loud and proud throughout cyberspace!
Happy Birthday to my big sister who fancys herself "The Ice Queen" but in actuality is soft and chewy on the inside.
This will be a tough birthday for Sandi, the first one without Mom. I want her to know that I love her and miss her and wish that we could uncork a nice bottle of red and celebrate and talk and laugh all evening long. We'll just have to celebrate on her half birthday in June!
In honor of her 29th + 32nd birthday, I looked long and hard for a photo that would truly do her justice and think I found the perfect one. Sweet, Pure, Holy, wouldn't say shit if she had a mouthful...that's our Sandi!
2 comments:
Soft and chewy indeed!!
Happy Birthday from the middle sister - I echo Barb's sentiments. We often wish that you were closer distance-wise - close enough to use the extra "Movin' Out" ticket or close enought for an impromptu visit from the sistas. (You may not wish that!) We love you and we will make that road trip soon in Barb's luxury vehicle - and drink us some red wine!!
Happy Birthday,
Love, Patti
I'm not sure I know what "soft and chewy" means, but I will accept it as a compliment, not an evaluation of my waistline and general fitness.
Talking to my beloved sisters has made a rainy, gloomy 61st bearable, even with the gaggle of workmen and thoughts of Mother. It would have been a real treat to have you both here, along with several bottles of good red wine. I hope we can arrange that soon.
You know I didn't really mean all those times growing up when I said I wanted to be an only child. How grateful I am for my sisters. No one else knows all your stories -- Thank God!
From what I was wearing, the larger picture must be from Mother's 80th birthday party, I think. The smaller picture is certainly a moment in time, including the 50's wallpaper from the house on Sycamore that no longer exists. If that little girl only knew what I know now, she would make some better choices, but she could never make better choices in sisters.
(Barb, you do have too much power with the blog AND the family photographs. At least you didn't use the evil swimsuit one from Lake Michigan. For that I thank you!) Love you both.
Post a Comment