Friday, August 29, 2008

TGIF

Obama's speech last night was amazing, inspiring and really beautifully produced. The critics might think Obama lacks experience but he sure knows how to pull the right people together and make it all work. Do you think the Dems knew his night would fall on the anniversary of MLK's "I Have a Dream" speech? Careful (and psychically impressive) planning or divine intervention....I guess we'll never know.

Seriously John McCain, the governor of Alaska? Honestly, I don't know much about Sarah Palin and I'm sure she's a nice person. But doesn't it smack of "Hey, look everybody! I'm not old and white and out of touch, I picked a woman to be my running mate!" The Presidential and Vice-Presidential debates should be mighty interesting.

The convention really wore me out this week, I've been getting to bed way too late. But it's the Friday before a three-day weekend and that is always a good thing. Tonight I chaperon the first dance of the school year...a Black Light Dance! Wish me luck keeping hormonally charged teenagers from doing nasty things on the dance floor.

Hope you have a wonderful Labor Day weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel ya sister aunt! I'm worn out simply by listening to the idiotic and angry arguments that I seem to be surrounded by. Will we ever get to a place where people can discuss things without it becoming a playground fight. I don't know if I can take this til november (and after)

why is it so infuriating to others that I want to believe that things can be better than they are? should I be satisfied with things simply because I'm doing ok? I was not raised that way!

I remember in 1984 I was 9 years old (3rd grade) and Regan was running for a second term and I was rooting for Regan to win, why? because I was scared of nuclear war and it hadn't happened yet. should I still be basing my polical decisions on this logic? fear and hoping things don't get worse. I'm frustrated!