Thursday, September 11, 2008

September = Busy

Last time I posted it was August and boy, that seems a long time ago. Where to begin? Family? Politics? School? Weather? Car buying? Like I said, life is busy.

All my boys are doing well and adjusting to their new schedules. Sam hasn't wrecked his new car yet...sorry Sam, I just couldn't resist. I have a new van and it's pretty sweet. It has lots of whistles and bells and a sunroof! I don't think I've ever had a car with a sunroof. There is an interesting story that goes along with purchasing the van and it involves porn (of all things). Remind me and I'll tell you all about it sometime.

My school year is starting out really well. Love my classes, love the kids, love my co-workers (at least 90% of them anyway). I really work with the best people ever, which reminds me of another reason why I'm busy. A former co-worker and math teacher at NCHS, had to resign at the start of this year to take care of her 10 year old daughter who is battling bone cancer. A few weeks ago, she and her husband found out that their 12 year old son has the same type of cancer...so he's just beginning the series of chemo treatments that his sister has almost completed. Saying "life is not fair" just doesn't even begin to describe how unfair this all is.

Our Social Committee is hosting a volleyball tournament fundraiser on Saturday the
27th with all proceeds going to the family to help cover expenses...and no, I'm not playing if you're curious. I'm better at organizing and tending bar. We are selling the coolest t-shirts, check out the design...


If anyone would like to make a donation to help out the Carter family just send me an email. Another option would be to donate to St. Jude, what an amazing organization. They do so much for families facing a diagnosis of cancer.

Let's see, what else is going on? We're still waiting for Andrew Henry Hedenberg to make his appearance. Say a prayer for a quick and uneventful labor and delivery for Leslie! His due date was yesterday so come on already baby boy!

So many birthdays this month, so Happy Birthday to Bryan and Bonnie and Debbie and Paul and Joe and Tim and Lia...did I miss anyone?

We're hoping that #1 Sista makes the cross country trip to visit us next weekend. In a recent email, Jim requested that our gathering be "informal but tasteful" and Jeff's reply was "not if the Ross clan is in attendance!" We know that Jim is going to supply the red wine and a dip...so we know it will definitely not be tasteful by the end of the evening. Ric will be in Colorado so it won't be a total Ross reunion. We'll miss being able to tease him about being a retiree and living on a fixed income :-)

I'm so glad it's Thursday...because that means tomorrow is Friday!
Have a great weekend!

No comments: