Monday, August 18, 2008

Breathing. Deeply. Trying. To. Relax.

Nobody is going to cry big crocodile tears for me after reading this post because you know what? Everyone is stressed. Stop any random person on the street, especially a mom, and that person will gladly provide a list of stressors. The start of the school year is a notoriously stressful time. I'm going to bore you with mine...but hey, it's my blog. I'd love it if you would add your list...and maybe we'd all feel a little better.

-3 kids all starting school.

-3 different schools.

-One is starting Middle School!

-Middle School involves having a locker and that means remembering your Locker Combination.

-I'm starting school too and teaching a new class this year...Who likes Steinbeck?

-I had to sit through a three hour presentation today, all the while updating my To-Do list with things I should have been doing instead of sitting through a three hour presentation.

-Sam wrecked his car last week and we haven't found a replacement.

-He's ok but we're really tired of Sam wrecking his car.

-Ex-husbands provide no help in finding replacement cars.

-Husbands deserve medals for taking up all the slack.

-Same husband is leaving for MI, possibly early, due to crisis.

-Crisis involves both Grandma and Aunt (who is primary caregiver to said Grandma)

-Please keep all the above in your prayers.

-Soon I will be facing rooms full of teenagers...please keep me in your prayers.

Hope you're having a good week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paul says that Sam is payback for your driving escapades - he is your son!!!
Hang in there - it must be more stressful to be heading back to school at the same time your kids are starting a new year. I'm not sure what you can do about that - have teacher's start earlier ? I'm not sure that they would buy that at all.
Keep us informed about Jeff's Grandma and Aunt Bonnie. Tell Joe that he should be good at locks - he's a whiz with that kind of stuff. In a couple of weeks, he won't even remember that he was worried about the locker - but there will be something else to worry about. Ask Bridget about Junior High.....

Unknown said...

My list is short by comparison:

Husband hates job and is unfortunately leaving at 5:00 AM tomorrow for yet another business trip.
Perpetually sick dog with fire-hose diarrhea, awful gas, and no cure.
A list of half-done projects a mile long and no time or energy to finish them.
Inability to find carpenter to repair multiple sites of dry-rot in doors and windows.
Our 3-year drought and the 24-hour drone of irrigation equipment in the tobacco field behind us. Like living inside a chainsaw.

But you win and have more people to complicate the issues. Hang in there. I will be thinking positive thoughts that things calm down on all levels. Love.

Leslie said...

One month from now, all of this stress and transition will be a thing of the past. (I keep repeating this to myself lately!)

Tell Joe I was always stressed about locker combinations too.

Love from Indiana,
Leslie