Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The First Day of School


How could I send the boys back to school without the obligatory photo op? For some reason the evil cat Maryanne jumped up into Will's lap during the last shot...she's usually not that friendly.

Notice that you see only two of the three dudes. I guess I could have included Sam fast asleep in his bed at 7am(Ahhh, the joys of a college boy's schedule) but nobody really needs to see that right?

We all had a very good first day but we're all completely pooped out. I've got a bit to review for my American Lit class tomorrow and then I'm off to bed.

Hope you have a good week...ok, one more goofy picture.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok so I am dying to know what is up with little don hoe and the hooka shells? what look are we going for here? California surfer oh I get it Folly beach surfer right. it looks very cute, will is such a funny dude. Hope Joe enjoyed JH I will only say positive things for his benefit. tell him not to stress the locker combo I always struggled with this too for me it's the whole dyslexia with numbers thing but after a couple days with a cheat sheet i was able to memorize a little song that helped me remember. 24 - 32 go all the way around 0, of course that meant i always had to sing it in my head to open my locker. sadly i have to do the same with the alphabet, sequences are hard for me. the good thing is once you know your weaknesses you can always develop ways to deal with them.

Next Door to Normal said...

That was totally his idea. He ended up taking the shells off before he left for school because Jeff made some off the cuff comment. I told him to wear what he wants...he's the only guy in the house with any fashion sense at all!

Anonymous said...

Bridget,
you are so funny. I confess I had the same Don Ho question and hummed a few verses of Tiny Bubbles. I had flashbacks to the 60's... But I think it puka shells. Isn't a hooka(h) something you smoke???

Has Will been watching Miami Vice reruns, Barb? I admire his creativity, but I imagine it will be lost on other grade schoolers.

Anonymous said...

oh it totally is puka shells! I'm a dork too! hooka shells would be more up Barb's alley LOL

I love the shells although I have to give will a hard time since he made fun of my gold purse. Fashion sense Ha he wouldn't know a cool clutch purse if it hit him upside the head (and some day it probably will) LOL

Next Door to Normal said...

Let's just hope he doesn't actually carry a gold clutch...according to Sam, he would. Speaking of Sam, he bought a car today...let's hear it for #4!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the car. Did he get a Hummer this time, just for the safety features?
Hey Bridget, you are not a dork. I just have a head full of worthless bits of information. I will not comment on Barb's use of illegal substances. She always tells me I somehow missed the 60's (and the 70's, 80's, and most of the 90's).
Should I look for you and the boys at the rally, Barb? Biden was not a big surprise.

Next Door to Normal said...

Sam is now the proud owner of a 1996 Eagle Talon...think Mitsubishi Eclipse. It's a 5 speed and no, Sam doesn't know how to drive stick...but he's learning quickly. It's really cute and fun to drive, I just hope it lasts longer than the other 3.

We'll be in Springfield today...look for me and 4 kids! I love Biden, if for nothing else but his sound bites :-)

Unknown said...

Are you sure the car is for Sam? I know how you love those 5-speeds, unlike your older, mechanically-challenged sister.
Who's the 4th kid you're taking with you?
I'm sure it will be exciting for the kids, a moment in history and all that. With the media parsing every sentence, Biden may have to learn to be quiet. Have a good time. We will be doing chores at Gryffyndor.