Sometimes when actively avoiding grading essays or writing IEP's or when I'm just not in the mood to cook dinner, I like to click on "next blog" and see what pops up. (Can you tell that's what I've been doing for the past hour or so?) It's really kind of fascinating to see what's floating around in cyberspace, so I thought I'd share a few observations...
-Many blogs are written in languages I just don't understand. Portuguese seems to be a popular choice in my latest go 'round. The photos are always interesting, I'd like to know the backstory on a few of them, or maybe not.
-There are LOTS of Christians who blog and like to quote Bible scripture.
-There are LOTS of Christian stay-at-home-moms who like to blog and quote Bible scripture.
-Lots of bloggers have children and enjoy espousing their theories on child rearing. Most have toddlers, hardly any have teenagers. I suspect their brain cells are depleted and/or they've just given up.
-People like to write about their travels, hobbies, obsessions, pets...really, people just like to share. I guess these are the same folks who used to keep diaries or journals or scrapbooked every milestone. It's just so much easier to blog or Facebook or Tweet.
-I ran across quite a few blogs that haven't been updated in awhile. I get that. One needs to be in the mood to write and that just doesn't always happen on a regular basis.
-People like to add music to their blogs, I used to do that sometimes. Honestly, it's annoying and I don't recommend it.
-What does all this sharing say about us as individuals or as a culture? The hell if I know.
-I'm logging off, I need to go start dinner.
4 comments:
I love to do that too - Paul says that we are just nosy!! Curious about life is the way I look at it. Blogs seemed to be organized somehow by themes - one day every blog I looked at was dealing with infertility. I find myself getting drawn into their stories. Every one has a story - and you can find some version of them on in the blog-o-sphere!
But gosh darn it, you and I are just people persons. We invite Hitler on vacation!
Bridget has now expanded that story to that I would feel sorry for Hitler!! I was telling her how one of the guys (Harrison) was walking slowly out of the building the other night, with his head hanging down - looking sad and dejected - (in my mind!)I said that I felt bad for him with everything all messed up and she replied with "He fired you - you can't feel sorry for him. You'd have felt sorry for Hitler!!" So I would have felt bad for him and then I would have invited him on vacation. That's just how I roll....according to my daughter!
It's that Catholic guilt + mother guilt + whatever else kind of guilt is hanging around. Just remember, "I feel guilty because...." and just fill in the blanks sister.
Post a Comment