Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Deadlines

One of my New Year's Resolutions was to attempt to live in the present and not focus so much on the future. Yeah, that's not working so well at the moment.

So here's the deal. Tuesday, March 15th is my somewhat self-imposed deadline to have all my National Board materials packed up and ready to drop in the mail box. That way, I'll have it all done before Spring Break, which by the way, starts at 2:30pm on Friday, March 18th. I say somewhat self-imposed because that is the day I initially had in mind and, funny coincidence, that's the day my ISU Professor had in mind too. My National Board cohorts and I all blanched when she scribbled that date on the white board.
Anyway, it's good to have a date circled in red on the calendar and it should motivate my lazy butt to get busy.

My other motivation....we bought our tickets to Ireland! We leave Monday, June 6th and return Monday, June 20th. Woohoo! We've made a few adjustments to our itinerary and subtracted a day in Dublin and added a day in the West, so our trip from Dingle to Galway should be a little more relaxed. We still need to decide on a hotel in Dublin and reserve a car but the trip now seems real....and we are so excited.

So, I will continue to attempt to live in the moment although the moment in question is cold and gray and will stay that way for at least another month or two.
I'm glad I have a few items on my to-do list to keep me busy.

No comments: