Really? Pain makes man wise? I believe my husband would beg to differ.
For those of you who follow the blog but maybe haven't talked to Jeff in awhile, here's the update. Back in late May, Jeff played a round of golf with our friend Dave Bruno. He complained of being sore but figured it was due to a)getting older and/or b)being a bit out of shape. The soreness continued to build throughout the summer and after 30+ hours in the van round-trip to and from Gulf Shores and multiple flights to and from the Bahamas, he was hurting big time by the end of August.
He had a partial discectomy (out patient surgery to fix a bulging disc in his lower back) on August 27th, took two weeks off work to heal and still was not pain free. So today, we went to a pain specialist and Jeff received 3 steroid shots in his lower back that will hopefully alleviate the continued pain. His only complaint after the shots was a very numb right leg...and other body parts I won't mention in a family-oriented blog...but right now he's resting comfortably.
All this makes us think about getting older...it's happening people...and appreciating and not taking for granted our relatively good health. When I was younger, and an older person would say "Well, at least you have your health" in response to my griping about something, it would usually elicit much eye rolling. Well, I get it now. Too bad we don't appreciate the sentiment when we're young. Hope you're enjoying this beautiful late Autumn day and appreciating your good health!
1 comment:
Hope the shots work. I had good luck with my shoulder. Glad you didn't share the specifics about all his "numb" parts... Love you. Looking forward to seeing you both in a week.
Sandi
Post a Comment