Monday, May 31, 2010

Well Loved Swingset ~ Free to Good Home


I'm waiting for a woman named Tonya to come haul away the swingset. While we are in some ways sad to see it go, its absence will make mowing much, much easier...and that makes Jeff very happy.

Here's the backstory. Years ago, our neighbors across the street asked if we would like the swingset for our boys. Their only child is three years older than Sam and at that point he was no longer interested in swinging and climbing. Don and Kathy were in town for a visit, so Jeff and Don loaded it up in Don's pickup, hauled it over, set it up and then delivered payment (a case of beer) to Ed, our generous neighbor.

Flash forward ten years or so, I reluctantly post it on Craigslist and Will balks. He said he wasn't ready to let it go. That was last summer. This summer, he doesn't really seem to care as much. On Friday, I posted it once again and received about ten responses in an hour.

So I guess we're paying it forward. Our neighbors gave it to us and we're giving it to another family to enjoy and that just seems to make sense. Good-bye old friend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you got the case of beer back.