Friday, January 23, 2009

Sixteen Things

Maybe I spend too much time on Facebook (I do) or maybe I'm just inspired by Leslie's blog (I am) but I decided to participate in listing Sixteen Things about me. Basically, you let your mind wander and come up with sixteen statements about yourself that begin with "I". Hmmm, I may have to use this for an assignment in my English class.

Sixteen Things
1. I generally like winter but I’m getting really tired of this cold weather…enough already.

2. I got the nicest compliment from Sam the other day, he said “As far as mom’s go, you’re mostly chill.” Such sweet words from my almost 19 year old.

3. I’m starting to think like a dude. I spend so much time with the male species at home and at school that I think my mind is warping and I might be growing excess body hair.

4. I need to clarify the previous statement. The older I get the more I appreciate the male mind and find myself sticking up for boys and men more and more often….and I added the body hair part for a laugh.

5. I love teaching sophomore English because I’m teaching sophomores instead of freshmen (duh) and the curriculum is so much more interesting. Yeah To Kill a Mockingbird!

6. I miss hanging out with my sisters and I’m really looking forward to going to NC over spring break and drinking wine and laughing until my sides ache!

7. I think being in my 40’s is really great. Honestly, no one is more surprised than I am.

8. I’ve come to realize that marrying the right person is the most important decision one will ever make and I’m so glad I finally made the right decision.

9. I’ll just quote Ben and say “I am happy for someone meeting someone nice and hope it works out well in a weird situation (intentionally vague)”

10. I sometimes miss my kids as babies…like when I’m watching an old video tape but I honestly don’t miss having a baby.

11. I don’t think a Pilates-body is in my future…blame genetics and a strong desire not to look stupid in Yoga-Pilates class.

12. I know I drive everyone crazy with my travel suggestions and wild ideas about where I want to go at any given moment but give a sister a break and let me have my hobby.

13. I love my boys and I'm thankful every day for them even when they're driving me bananas.

14. I don’t know what I would do without my family (nuclear and extended) and I love (and even like them!) so much.

15. I don’t like to shop and I really don’t get women’s obsession with shoes but I just love coats! Hello Grandma Babe!

16. I’ve come to believe that if I practice moderation in everything (eating, drinking, spending etc) life will be ok and that I shouldn’t have to give up something completely. How very zen of me huh?

2 comments:

Nini said...

Great minds and all that rot... Can't wait to go to NC. My list is on Leslie's BLOG.

Unknown said...

Can't wait for the visit. My list is on Leslie's blog as well.