Monday, July 28, 2008

Home Improvement Time

I wouldn't call the last week or so fun, but we've sure accomplished a lot around here. The carpet installers arrived Tuesday morning and we had all the carpeting on the second floor replaced, new vinyl installed in our bathroom and a new carpet insert installed in the family room. Of course prior to having the carpet replaced, we had to clean out closets and shelves in all the bedrooms. Sheesh, it was almost as bad as moving! But we got it done and the carpet looks (and feels) wonderful!

My other project, which coincided with the carpet, was to paint the hall bath (aka the boys' bathroom). Generally, I try to avoid even going in there but it really needed a makeover. We painted it a very "bold" olive green, added new fixtures, lighting and shower curtain and it looks great! Now, if the boys can just keep it clean...

So, we've gotten lots of home improvement projects done and that's a good thing since I go in for minor surgery tomorrow. I won't go into gory details, let's just say that having plantar's warts on the bottom of one's foot is neither pretty nor comfortable. Therefore, I'm going to have them "lasered" off and believe me, it doesn't sound like much fun. However, summer will soon be over and I want to get it done before school starts and chaos begins. Rest assured, I won't post any pictures...before or after!

Enjoy the rest of July, August arrives on Friday!

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I want to see pictures...only me...LOL :o)