Thursday, July 31, 2008

Friendship

What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult for each other?
-George Eliot

Have I ever mentioned that I work with a great group of people? Along with being dedicated educators, most possess a devilish sense of humor and great compassion. I'm not overstating it when I say I could not have survived last year without them. My colleagues offered such support, love and much needed humor during my Mom's illness and death.



At the end of the school year, I received a beautiful Japanese Maple to plant in my yard in honor of my Mom. Jeff and I planted it near the southwest corner of our house and placed a bench and garden stone from my Mom's backyard next to it. The boys refer to it as "Grandma Babe's tree".

Saying "thank you" just doesn't seem enough. I only hope that I can be as good a friend to all of them in the future.

No comments: