Thursday, August 4, 2011

Home Improvement

The house is very quiet and I am unaccustomed to living alone. At the moment, I am waiting for Arturo to arrive...this all sounds mysterious and intriguing doesn't it? It's not, he's the guy who will finish staining the floors today.

Jeff and the little boys (whom I realize are no longer little, they'll always be the little boys) left around 3am yesterday for the family cabin in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. I elected to stay home to complete (ok, well, more like start) my 9 hours of coursework that needs to be in the mail by August 12th. While the UP is beautiful and I do genuinely enjoy visiting the area, I'm not all that crazy about staying at the cabin because it is rather...rustic. Anyway, the guys picked up Uncle Brian in Battle Creek and headed northward for "Man Trip 2" the last all-boy outing being several years ago.

In the meantime, I stumbled upon a guy who specializes in wood floor refinishing and it worked out that they could redo the floor while practically everyone, including Scout, is gone. I've been pleased with the results so far and so look forward to putting everything back where it belongs! After painting the living room, stairwell and hall last weekend and getting the floor done this week, I feel like we've actually accomplished something this summer.

The kitchen floor completely sanded...



















The family room half stained...

No comments: