Saturday, May 7, 2011

Team Quest


You might be wondering why this says "Good Luck Vamsi"...well here's the story. Will is a member of a group called Team Quest and he just came back from the national competition held near St. Louis. Team Quest is kind of like Scholastic Bowl but the kids compete in teams of four (and Vamsi is a team member) but it includes more problem solving than just answering random questions. His team and two other teams from 6th grade spent three days and two nights away from home (adventure enough for a 6th grader) but before they left his teacher asked the kids to come up with ideas for locker signs to cheer on the participants. Will's submission won and I thought I'd share. He came up with this all on his own and I was pretty impressed! Unfortunately, his team didn't place in the top five but overall he had a great time and really wants to participate again next year.

No comments: