September is a crazy month. I hate those last few weeks in August because even though we're all back in school, the calendar still says it's summer and that really bugs me. But then September blows in and it seems like life kicks into fast forward. However, in the spirit of "Living in the Now" (my new mantra) here are a few things for which I am very thankful...
1. Family
Obviously I'm so very thankful for Jeff and my boys. Although I'm sure I don't appreciate them as much as I should nor show them my appreciation often enough, I love them more than life and don't know what, where or who I would be without them.
I also love and am so thankful for my siblings. In the midst of the sadness of our cousin Johnny's passing, we called and emailed each other a lot. I pointed out that we ended each conversation with "I love you" and that's not something we do all the time. Such sadness reminds us of how much we love and depend on each other.
2. My Job
The year has started out so well, I hate even saying that for fear of jinxing myself. My classes are (for lack of a less high school word) AWESOME! I'm blessed to have such great students to spend time with each day.
3. Friends
I work with great people, they make waking up at 5am and reporting to work at 6:45am worth it. They are professional, talented, caring and usually very, very funny.
We live in a great neighborhood. It's just so nice walking the dog and stopping to talk with our neighbors. This time of year is the best...lots of fire pit parties and beer. Can't get any better than that.
4. The Internet
What did I ever do without TripAdvisor? Currently, I'm planning our trip to Ireland in June...anyone want to watch our kids for a few days? We're planning on about two weeks in Ireland and the planning will be my obsession from here on out.
5. Red Wine
Need I say more? It's medicinal and my cholesterol level is amazing.
Have a great weekend and be thankful for the little and big things in your life.
As Emily asks the stage manager in Our Town "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?"
"No. Saints and poets, maybe--they do some."
3 comments:
Another really well written post, Barb. It is so hard to appreciate the little things sometimes, until something reminds you to slow down, notice, and be thankful. There is a woman I know struggling for her life in a fight against cancer while mothering a two year old. Even though I haven't spoken to her in years (she is a friend of Erin and Chad's), I think of her all of the time. She really does pop into my mind at least a couple of times each and every day. Everytime I get the urge to complain about anything in my life, I think about what she is going through.
Have a wonderful weekend full of time with your boys.
While I can't watch your kids for you, I CAN offer any advice you might want/need for your Ireland trip! I'm so jealous- I would love, love, love to go back to Ireland. Let me know if I can help you at all. Oh, and what's your email address? I have a picture that I took in Oslo that reminded me of you...I'd love to mail it to you!
Oh Meagan, you know I'll be picking your brain for Ireland ideas! My email is bkoski63@gmail.com.
You realize that Jeff's great grandparents came over from Norway...his grandma's first name was some crazy Norwegian name until they Americanized it, so perhaps Norway will be our next stop after Ireland?
Post a Comment